Child Custody Relocations

Child Custody Relocations

Child custody arrangements can be difficult to set. Every parent wants to have the most time he or she can have with his or her child. Each parent has his or her own schedule that needs to be considered among a host of other issues, including the child's best interests.

So, once these issues have been settled and the residential parent wants to change the terms of his or her child custody arrangement, it is an issue that needs to be taken seriously.

There are many reasons why a parent would need to relocate, including:

  • Military deployment
  • Career/job opportunities
  • Family needs
In Tennessee, there are various laws that control what happens to child custody arrangements when one parent relocates. When the residential parent seeks to move out of state or to move more than 50 miles away, he or she needs to seek the court's permission and the nonresidential parent can object to the move. For military service members who are on deployment, they may transfer temporarily their time with the child to their own parents.

To ensure that you are able to secure the outcome you need to any possible relocation, it is best to work with experienced family law attorneys.

Decades Of Experience Fighting For Our Clients

At Fendley Law, our firm is known for offering highly effective representation that can help you no matter which side of a child custody modification/relocation issue you are on. We help residential parents who are seeking to move as well as nonresidential parents who want to protect the place they have in their children's lives. We have more than 45 years of combined experience that we can use to help you present the most persuasive case.

A Family-Run Law Firm

Our founding attorney Mart Fendley practices with his children, attorney Jacob Fendley and attorney Elizabeth (Liz) Fendley, as well as attorney Joshua Etson. Mart Fendley has built a reputation over the decades for providing the real help people need when difficult matters are at hand. His work on behalf of his clients has helped him earn an AV* Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has been a board-certified civil trial lawyer since 1994.

Relocation Attorneys Serving Montgomery County And The Surrounding Areas

When a move away is a possibility, turn to Fendley Law. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 931-245- HELP (4357) or contact us online.

*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general practice standards.

Family Law and Divorce

Relocations/Move Aways