No person has a right to put the safety of others at risk by driving while intoxicated. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, you have a right to receive compensation for your injuries. Contact the dedicated Clarksville drunk driving accident lawyers here at Fendley & Etson so we can get started fighting for the compensation you deserve and need.
Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers | Fighting for Justice
Whether you have suffered serious injuries or you have lost a loved one as a result of a fatal drunk driving accident, our Clarksville personal injury lawyers are committed to providing the vigorous representation you need.
After a Drunk Driving Accident
Drunk drivers often travel at high speeds. They may swerve unexpectedly, run a red light or engage in other reckless behavior that can cause violent collisions. Accordingly, many drunk driving accidents cause serious injuries or death.
Ensuring you take the right steps afterward is crucial in protecting your rights and building a strong case for compensation. Here’s a structured course of action to consider following such an unfortunate incident:
- Ensure Safety First: Before anything else, ensure that you and any other occupants of the vehicle are safe. If possible and safe to do so, move your vehicle to a safe location away from oncoming traffic.
- Call 911: It’s essential to report the accident immediately. This ensures that medical professionals can attend to any injuries and that law enforcement can create an official accident report – a critical piece of evidence.
- Document the Scene: If you’re able, take photos of the accident scene, damages to vehicles, and any visible injuries. Also, jot down notes about the accident while your memory is fresh.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel okay, it’s imperative to see a doctor. Some injuries, especially those caused by traumatic events, may not manifest symptoms immediately.
- Never Negotiate Directly with the Drunk Driver: Emotions can run high at the scene. Avoid confronting or negotiating with the drunk driver. Let the authorities handle the situation.
- Refrain from Making Admissions: Be careful with your words at the accident scene. Never admit fault or make statements that could be used against you later.
- Collect Witness Information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, gather their contact information. They could provide essential testimonies later.
- Inform Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance provider but be wary of making recorded statements without consulting an attorney.
- Preserve Evidence: Retain any medical bills, repair estimates, and other related documents. Also, keep a journal documenting your recovery process, physical and emotional pain, and any missed work days.
- Consult an Attorney: As mentioned, consulting an experienced personal injury attorney immediately after an accident is paramount. They can guide you through the process, ensuring you avoid common pitfalls and are on the right path to securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Contact Fendley & Etson Today
Don’t face the uphill battle of fighting for your rightful compensation on your own. Contact our dedicated Clarksville drunk driving accident lawyers today.